Budgeting apps are not only meant for those who look for investment options. They can be helpful to almost everyone to improve their savings. Money management apps make it very easy to create a budget and stick to it.
A budget planner app can offer you a stream of financial tools. Here are some of the best budgeting apps for Android and iPhone.
It is effortless to attach tags and descriptions to the entries in Toshl Finance. You can also set up bill reminders with notifications using the best budget app. Toshl Finance supports more than 200 currencies.
It keeps the data updated with the latest exchange rates as well. You can even manage up to 30 different cryptocurrencies using the app. Toshl Finance has insightful graphs to give you a complete picture of your money flows.
All these features help to maintain your budget goals. You can also filter budgets by categories, tags, or accounts for easier tracking. The app also sends alerts when you approach your budget limits.
- Friendly Interface
- Graphs and charts
- Foreign Currency support
- Smart Notifications
- Need to pay for 3+ account management
- Limited features on mobile
- Free and premium versions
- Insightful graphs with pie charts and expense locations map
- Supports foreign currencies
- Best budget app for managing cryptocurrencies
- Bill reminders and smart notifications
You can track your income and expenses on the Wallet app. You can analyze your spending daily, weekly, or monthly using Wallet. The automatic bank syncing makes it easy to track your transactions in real-time.
The Wallet also supports importing your transactions and updates. You also get insightful reports on your accounts in the app. This gives you better control over your accounts to improve your savings.
The Wallet allows you to create flexible budgets so that you can meet your goals. You can also share selected accounts with your family members and across devices. The Wallet also comes with automatic cloud sync and geo-mapping transaction features.
- Customizable options
- Share financial stats with family
- Real-time sync
- No accurate spend breakdown
- Need to pay for the full features
- Free to use with in-app upgrade options
- A complete overview of all the financial data
- Real-time bank transactions syncing
- Easy to create flexible budgets
- Impressive reporting tools
The best budget app also helps you to save for the future needs with the Goal and Annual envelopes. It is very easy to manage scheduled transactions on Goodbudget. You can split spending transactions and save time by dividing the expenses.
It is also possible to transfer funds between different envelopes and accounts. You can create a budget for any preferred period for simpler tracking as well. It allows editing the budget as needed too.
Goodbudget gives you insightful reports to analyze your spending habits. You can watch cash flow by comparing the income vs. expenses report. The app supports importing bank account statement in QFX and OFX formats as well.
- Smart tools for savings
- Split transactions
- Insightful reports
- No auto-sync with the bank account
- Too basic features on free versions
- Free and premium plans
- Envelope budgeting system
- Smart tools for improving savings
- Easy to split transactions and categorize expenses
- Insightful reports for better analysis
It is also possible to track your bills using Mint. You can monitor your dues alongside your account balances. Thus, you can ensure a timely settlement. You can also set bill payment reminders using the app.
There is an option to check your credit score for free as well. Mint supports syncing your bank accounts, credit cards, budgets, and more across devices. Mint allows you to create budgets based on your spending. This helps to monitor your expenses wisely.
You do not have to log into multiple sites to manage your accounts. This helps to save a lot of time to keep track of your finances. Mint even comes with multi-factor authentication to keep your data secure.
- Periodic summaries
- Easy for budgeting
- Credit score tracking
- No investment options
- Limited report generation
- Cannot import QIF/QFX files
- A complete look of financial accounts
- Easy to create budgets
- Bill payment reminders
- Free credit score check
- Multi-factor authentication
The reporting tools in Prism are also quite good. You can review the graphs and charts of your finances. This comes handy to watch your expenses. Besides, it also saves the bill payment history, so that you can analyze them later if needed.
You can choose from a full bill list view or a calendar and payment view in Prism. This allows you to schedule your bill payment via the app. Prism also protects all your data with 256-bit AES encryption. That way, your sensitive data is always secure.
- All bills at one place
- Easy to use
- Data encryption
- Does not support all bills
- Cannot display individual original bills
- Free to use
- One of the best money management apps for bill tracking
- Easy-to-understand graphs and reports
- Supports direct payment to billers and banks
- Advanced data encryption and protection
It is also very easy to automate cost management with Expensify and keep track of receipts. You also get automatic credit card import features in the app. Besides, it also supports corporate card reconciliation and employee reimbursement.
Expensify supports receipts in foreign currencies as well. This makes it a handy tool to use for managing different accounts. It does not allow creating any budgets. But, it does help in proper tracking of your receipts.
You can ensure that you always stay on top of your financial accounts. Moreover, Expensify supports integration with many third-party accounting software apps too. This makes money management easy.
- All bill tracking
- Easy to use
- Issues with credit card sync
- Fully paid app
- Pricing starts at $4.99 per month
- 30-day free trial available
- Ideal for receipt tracking and management
- Automatic credit card import features
- Integrates with third-party accounting software
You can categorize bank accounts and focus on the most important transactions. It can also manage your household budgets. It even supports foreign currencies and many bank accounts. This way, you can know where your money goes and improve your savings.
Spendee also comes with a smart bill tracker to help you settle the dues in time. You can also create budget goals in the budget planner app. It can be for different categories or a budget to track your spending. Spendee allows creating shared wallets for the family as well.
- Easy to use
- Shared wallet
- Smart bill tracking
- Complex infographics
- Free and premium versions available
- Best budget app for couples
- Shared wallets for the entire family
- Easy to categorize bank accounts and budgets
- Smart bill tracker for timely payments
Also Read: Best Investment Apps for Beginners and Pros
It can also organize your entries quickly. The finance manager app comes with automatic balance calculation tools. This gives a breakdown of your transactions.
You can also use the app to manage your family budget and add collaborators for that. Dollarbird saves your data in the cloud. This helps to keep it secure and synced across your devices.
The app learns from your transactions over time. This makes classification easier. Thus, it helps in improving financial forecasting. That is why Dollarbird is also used by business users to manage their accounts.
- Suitable for businesses
- Calendar view is excellent
- Financial forecasting for upcoming expenses
- Need to enter transactions manually
- No upcoming due alerts
- Free and premium plans available
- Ideal budget planner app for financial forecasting
- Insightful calendar-based interface
- Automatic balance calculation tools
- Allows adding collaborators for budget management
It is very simple to link your financial accounts with Clarity Money. It supports all major financial institutions, such as Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, and more. This allows you to track your savings, debt, and investment accounts from one place.
Clarity Money helps you to understand your spending patterns. This helps to change your habits as necessary. You can plan budgets and track all your expenses with the app too.
It even allows you to cancel any subscriptions that you are not using. You also get 256-bit SSL encoding to secure your data in the app. It also requires a 4-digit pin to access your financial data.
- Financial product recommendation
- Budget creation
- Bill organizing
- Fewer customization options
- Does not support all banks
- AI-powered suggestions for better money management
- Impressive bill organizing features
- Automated expense tracking
- Supports creating budgets
- Best budget app to manage subscriptions
All the data will be is accessible from a single dashboard. It also allows you to track your expenses, pay bills, and do a lot more. You can also sync your loan accounts and investment portfolios with PocketGuard. This gives you a clear picture of your financial reports.
It is very easy to monitor your income and expenses with the app. PocketGuard allows comparing spending habits month-by-month as well. That way, you can know where your money is going.
The budget planner app supports creating different budgets. You can also set up notifications for low account balances. This helps to establish realistic saving goals. That way, you can achieve them by monitoring your spending habits.
PocketGuard also alerts you about upcoming credit card bills and loan payments. You also get notified when the bank charges a fee on your account.
- Multiple budget support
- Compare monthly spendings
- Multiple bank account support
- Ads based on your spending data
- Free to use with in-app options to upgrade
- Allows creating different budgets
- Supports linking multiple bank accounts
- Smart notifications for dues and charges
- Easy to compare monthly spending habits
As you can see, all the money management apps come with various features. So the best budget app for you is based on your need. If you are starting with budget planning, you can try a free-to-use app.
If you want a few advanced tools of the best budget planning apps, you could try free versions of premium ones too. The above budgeting apps are a great way to perk up your money management skills.