If you have a Visio Viewer Error like this, “block of the white box in internet explorer while trying to open any Visio (VSD) document” after When I choose, “Allow Blocked Content”, the document does not open and a “broken image” icon displays in the browser window” then please try the following steps to resolve it.
If you have any message like this in the bottom of IE window like ‘Restricted Site settings’. then you can try this way.
- Double clicked on it. Settings were set at HIGH.
- Goto Custom Level and clicked all the Active X ones
- Chose “Prompt”. Saved settings.
- Refresh the page and the problem will be solved.
- Now need to see where security should be since it is warning of security risks.
- Install Visio Viewer 2007
- Install Visio Viewer 2007 SP2 from this link.
- Install KB973525 from this link.
- Install KB973709 from this link
- Click Start>Run>type regedit>enter ;
- Locate the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > ActiveX Compatibility
- Finally, find the subkey below and then delete it.
Now check your Windows browser, you will be able to open Visio file on your IE without error.