The battle of headphones really heated with the arrival of the bone conduction headphones. These headphones are those that conduction the audio through your cheekbones without completely isolating your ears. The bone conduction isn’t anything new. It was there and was used to aid people with hearing issues. Here, we’ve got a list of some of the best wireless bone conduction headphones to look out for 2020. They come with Bluetooth and good audio qualities to look out for.
Pros and Cons of Bone Conduction Headphones
The Bone Conduction Headphones have a lot of features up its sleeves. They are quite convenient and has a lot of plus points when compared to the normal wired/wireless headphones.
• The Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones transfers audio through the cheekbones. Hence it’s the best headphones to consider for the guys with hearing impairments.
• The open ear design keeps you aware of the surroundings and suits well during your drive or jog. This is because, unlike the normal ones, the bone conduction headphones don’t completely isolate you by completely closing the ear.
• It is far safer and convenient for the ears. The damage to the ears due to prolonged use doesn’t happen.
• Comes with the highest level of waterproof standards and is suitable for swimmers and divers.
• The bone conduction headphones are costly compared to the regular one.
• Sound quality is an issue because of the design. You might feel a decrease in volume during calls and in a crowded environment.
• You can feel a bit of discomfort during the initial days of use. Its simply cause you are not familiar with this type of design.
The Aeropex is a Bluetooth enabled bone conduction headphone that has caught quite a lot of attention lately. It is a decent option to consider as it sends audio through the cheekbones rather than the ear canals. With nothing inside the ear to distract from, you can always stay aware of your surroundings. The Aeropex is IP65 rated and is quite durable. This makes it suitable for every harsh condition, be it a rainy day or a scorching sunny day.
It is also sweatproof and dustproof. Hence, it suits well as sports headphones too. Coming to the battery life, you get up to 10 hours of music playback before the battery runs out. It comes with the magnetic charging cables that can charge it up in under 2 hours.
- Stable fit for all types of sports.
- Perfect environment awareness due to open-ear design.
- Waterproof and dustproof.
- Some amount of audio leakage can be felt.
- Lack of bass.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone conduction transducer | Open Ear desSweat Sweat and dustproof | Inbuilt mic and controls | Durable Titanium construction | Dual noise-canceling microphones | Dual Drivers | IP67 water-resistant standard | Up to 8 hours battery backup
- EXCLUSIVE SPORT PACK - Includes Aeropex bone conduction headphones and sport belt. Unlike...
WGP Open Ear Headphone
The WGP Bone Conduction headphones feature the open ear design and conduct audio through your cheekbones. It comes with an ergonomic design that’s sleek and stylish that the Aeropex but is a bit low on build quality. The titanium wraparound headband is lightweight and flexible. It gives you better convenience while doing hardcore exercises and sports.
This bone Conduction Headphones come with the new Bluetooth 5.0. It gives you crystal clear audio transmissions of up to 45ft. The stable connection is essential to get the best use cause a slight variation in connection can make the volumes dim quite low. The WGP bone conduction headphones combine the power of its 170mAh internal battery to produce greater performance. It gives you around 6 hours of music playback and 240 hours od standby time.
- Inbuilt bone conduction hearing aid engine.
- Sweatproof and comfortable.
- Lightweight and open ear design.
- 2-hour quick full charge.
- Sound quality issues at a higher volume.
- Connectivity issues.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone conduction | Open Ear design | sweat and dustproof | 360-degree bend | 45 ft wireless connection | Dual noise-canceling microphones | 170mAh Lithium battery | IP55 standard | Up to 6 hours battery backup
- 【BONE CONDUCTION TECHNOLOGY】 Works by vibrations, sound transmit via cheekbone to your cochleas,...
The AfterShokz Titanium is a wireless bone conduction headphones and has an open fit design. It delivers music through your cheekbones and ensures your ears remain open to the surrounding sounds. It features Bluetooth connectivity and is compatible with your iOS and Android. The Titanium is capable of multipoint connectivity, and this makes it versatile.
The Titanium wrap around headphones is lightweight and durable. It is made quite flexible so that it can match your needs while you’re riding. The innovative Sound Pitch Technology delivers a dynamic audio experience. The rich bass and the Leaks Layer Technology reduces natural sound leakage. It comes with IP55 standards of sweat and dustproof. You can get almost up to 6 hours of continuous playback on a single charge.
- Very stable on the head, thanks to the flexible frame.
- Resistant to rain and sweat.
- The sound quality is good.
- The On/off button is sometimes difficult to operate when wearing gloves.
- The sound is hard to hear in noisy places.
Key Features: Bluetooth 4.1 | Bone conduction | Open Ear design | Sweat and dustproof | IP55 rating | Durable Titanium construction | Dual noise-canceling microphones | Dual Drivers | IP55 waterproof standard | Up to 6 hours battery backup
- BONE CONDUCTION TECHNOLOGY - Our bone conduction technology and OpenFit design delivers music...
QIANXIANG Bone Conduction Headphones
The Qianxiang Bone Conduction Headphones looks quite stylish and has some awesome features up its sleeves. It comes with a smart wraparound design. The open ear fit helps you stay aware of what’s happening around. The lightweight and flexible headband provide comfort as well as convenience. It is designed to meet your needs during sports activities and workouts.
The IPX56 rating and the anti-sweat design makes it the best companion for your training sessions. This wireless bone conduction headphones come with the Bluetooth 5.0. It also has Multipoint access to enhance connectivity. Coming to the battery life, this portable bone conduction headphones give you up to 6 hours of music playback. It comes with a 200mAh internal battery that gest charged up in under 2 hours.
- Comfortable and easy to use.
- Decent volumes in crowded environments.
- Good battery life.
- Not suitable for phone calls.
- Voice break and feeble tones during calls.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone conduction technology | Flexible ear loop | passive noise reduction | anti-sweat | 200mAh internal battery |IPX56 rating | Open Fit design | 6 hours of battery life
- [Bone Conduction Design]：The sound transmits through the bone to auditory nerve, no need to put...
Tayogo Bone Conduction Headphones
The Tayogo Bone Conduction Headphones are yet another wireless headphones that have superior fit and music capabilities. These BT wireless headphones don’t have any ear tips of its kind and conduct the audio through your cheekbones. It features Bluetooth connectivity and can work with the help of the Tayogo App. There is also the FM and pedometer apart from the 8GB flash storage and Bluetooth connectivity.
The 8 GB storage space lets you save a hell lot of songs and your favorite tracks. The superior fit and the flexible head strap. It features the IPX68 rating, and this makes it resist water up to 3m deep for up to 5 hours. With the rechargeable internal battery, you get up to 8 hours of battery backup on a single charge.
- High-quality audio.
- Open ear design.
- Bluetooth connection issues underwater.
- Occasional sync issue.
Key Features: Bluetooth 4.2 | Open Ear design | Bone conduction technology | FM and pedometer | Sweatproof and dustproof | IPX8 rating | 8GB flash memory | Rechargeable lithium-ion battery | 5 hours per full charge | Multipoint function
- ✅ Innovative Bone Conducting Headphones – A smart alternative to in-ear earbuds or over-ear...
The Zulu Exero is lightweight and comes with the Bluetooth 5.0. It is yet another affordable bone conduction headphones that give a tight match for the Aftershokz range. The Zulu Exero gives you stunning audio through the open ear design. It conducts music through your cheekbones. This makes it suitable for people with hearing impairment. It has smart sound leakage protection so that there isn’t any annoyance during high volume. These Bluetooth bone conduction headphones feature playback and call buttons on itself.
The wraparound design and the flexible headband makes it easy to access these buttons. Moreover, the Exero is rated IPX65 and is quite water-resistant. The sweatproof and weatherproof design makes it endure harsh conditions. These wireless bone conduction headphones come with an inbuilt mic. You can access the Google Assitant or Siri via the voice prompt. The Zulu Exero comes with a 180 mAh internal battery. It gives you up to 6 hours of battery life.
- Quick & easy to set-up.
- Immaculate sound quality.
- Flexible headband (fits perfectly).
- Fast, secure, stable.
- Not as comfortable as other bone conduction headphones.
- Difficult to wear with a hat or glasses.
- The volume button is underside the headband.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Open Ear design | Bone conduction technology | Smartphone app | Sweatproof and dustproof | IPX65 rating | Smartphone assistant integration | Rechargeable lithium-ion battery | 6 hours of continuous playback
- Lightweight (1 oz) bone conduction headphones that rest around your ear and produce music by...
The Akaso Upgrade is a stylish and durable bone conduction headphones with Bluetooth connectivity. It delivers music through the cheekbones without keeping your ears shut from the outside world. The open ear design helps you stay alert to your surroundings while you’re on your bike. The Akaso Upgrade comes with retractable earloops. The comfortable open ear design and the flexible earloops give a pretty decent music experience.
The device is easy during hectic exercises and hardcore sporting events. There are two multifunctional buttons that can control music playback and answer calls. You get a decent battery backup from the Akaso Upgrade. It offers up to 6 hours of continuous playback. A thing to note is that this bone conduction headphone isn’t waterproof. Its a bit expensive as well.
- Comfortable & stable fit.
- Keeps you aware of the surroundings.
- Low volume.
- Connection issues at times.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone conduction technology | Flexible ear loop | passive noise reduction | quick action buttons | Sweat and dustproof | IP55 rating | OpenFit design | 6 hours of battery life
- Open Ear Bone Conduction Headphones: It delivery sound through your skull directly to inner ear. No...
MonoDeal Bone Conduction Headphones
The MonoDeal Bone Conduction Headphones offer the best in class fit and comes with a stylish design. The headphones come with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 and can connect with the Androids and the iPhones with ease. The open ear design favors those who need to have an eye out at the surroundings. It suits well with the riders and sports enthusiasts who love to have a tinge of music to their daily chores.
This BT bone conduction headphones come with integrated music playback buttons. It is more convenient, and the call buttons on the device make it easy during calls. It comes with an IP55 rating and can withstand harsh weather conditions. Coming to the battery life, this wireless bone conduction headphones come with 200mAh internal battery. It offers you 5 hours of continuous playback.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Easy smartphone connectivity.
- The sound is pretty good.
- No multipoint connectivity.
- Reduced call volume.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone Conduction | open ear design | integrated music playback buttons | Dual mics | Sweatproof | IP55 waterproof standard | Rechargeable 200mAh battery | 5 hours battery backup
- Safe and Comfortable: Our open-ear headphones adopt bone conduction technology to deliver sound...
Vidonn F1 Sports
The Vidonn F1 features the open ear design and has the best in class fit. The best fit makes it stay intact every time, while you drive, play, or do exercises. It also gives you good and stable audio qualities. The bone conduction helps you stay aware of the roads and lets you keep a sharp ear. The F1 Sports come with the Bluetooth 5.0 and is a mammoth when it comes to connectivity through your smartphones.
This bone conduction headphones are sweatproof and can go well in any climate conditions. The ergonomic design favors more comfort while wearing, and there is no chance of it falling out. It offers you up to 6 hours of continuous playback thanks to its 180mAh internal battery. A thing you might feel a bit clumsy is the small call and volume buttons.
- Wearing comfort.
- Affordable price.
- Clear sound during music playback and during calls.
- Bass qualities are not up to the mark.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone Conduction | open ear design | CVC Noise reduction | Titanium wraparound headband | Dual mics | Sweatproof | IP55 waterproof standard | Rechargeable battery | 6 hours battery backup
- 【BONE CONDUCTION TECHNOLOGY】Works by vibrations, sound transmit via cheekbone to your inner ear....
The Aftershokz Air is yet another bone conduction headphones that suit the riders. It comes with an open ear and weightless design that stays in place to keep up with the outside noise. The Air offers deep bass and has a dynamic sound range. Its all-weather headphones and suits your exercise sessions as well as our road trips.
These Bluetooth headphones for bikers come with IP55 standards and are sweatproof. The Trekz Air is lightweight to the core. You would feel feather-like and gives your ears a good level of comfort. The improved dual noise-canceling mics in the Air ensure your voice is always heard on the other side.
The Premium Pitch Plus guarantees good music experience throughout your journey. The flexible cable shaft lets you fit it over your head with ease. The Air can give you up to 6 hours of continuous playback. A small issue that you might feel is that you need to manually answer calls; there is no Smart Assitant feature.
- Comfortable & stable fit.
- Keeps you aware of the surroundings.
- Not a “high quality” audio device.
Key Features: Bluetooth 4.1 | Bone conduction | Open Ear design | Sweat and dustproof | IP55 rating | Durable Titanium construction | Dual noise-canceling microphones | Dual Drivers | IP65 waterproof standard | Up to 6 hours battery backup
- Bone conduction technology and Open Fit design delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears...
Somora Bone Conduction Headphones
The Somora Bone Conduction headphones are one of the most affordable ones in our list. It offers excellent audio qualities and is durable. The bone conduction technology makes it useful for hardcore gym geeks and sports enthusiasts. It is also a pretty good option to consider for guys who face hearing impairments. The Somora headphones feature the wireless Bluetooth 5.0.
It provides faster pairing and stable connections. You can get the best possible audio qualities up to a 33 ft limit. These Bluetooth bone conduction headphones come with an IP55 rating: sweat and weatherproof too. The headphone is lightweight, but the flexible headband isn’t that strong. The inbuilt mics and the music playback buttons are pretty decent and do its job well.
- Sporty yet sleek design.
- Comfortable and Flexible.
- Pairing snag with Apple devices.
- Sound qualities lag bass effects.
Key Features: Bluetooth 5.0 | Bone conduction | Open Ear design | Dustproof | Inbuilt Smart sound leakage technology | Dual noise-canceling microphones | IP55 rating | Up to 8 hours battery backup
- 【BONE CONDUCTION TECHNOLOGY】 Works by vibrations, sound transmit via cheekbone to your cochleas,...
Factors Consider to Buy: Bone Conduction Headphones
How does Bone Conduction Technology work?
Bone conduction is a natural part of our healing process. The sound travels through our eardrums and bones simultaneously. The bone conduction technology produces sound via vibrations that travel through your cheekbones to your inner ears.
Is It possible to Wear These Headphones with Sunglasses?
Yes, the headphones don’t hinder the sunglasses in any manner.
Can These Headphones be Worn with Protective And Riding Helmets?
Absolutely. These headphones come with headbands that run around the back of the neck. It doesn’t hinder the normal sporting helmets, but there can be some issues of accessing the inbuilt buttons if you’re wearing the full-face riding helmet.
Can These Headphones be Able to Answer/Make Calls?
The Bluetooth connectivity lets you take calls, and the quality of sound depends on the specific device you buy. A thing to remember is that bone conduction headphones are not as excellent as normal headphones when it comes to calling.