All your Apple devices share a single iCloud account related to your Apple ID. Therefore, some of your important files from Mac, iPhone, or iPad must be saved in iCloud Drive. But, Google Drive is more accessible and flexible to share files with others, and access them using non-Apple devices. In this article, we will show you a hidden feature on your iPhone that lets you copy or move files from iCloud Drive to Google Drive, or vice versa.
Copy Files from iCloud Drive to Google DriveUnlike Google Drive, iCloud Drive cannot be accessed from everywhere. You can get it from the Finder window of Mac or the Files app on the iPhone or iPad. So, if you want to copy or move files from iCloud Drive to Google Drive, you need to do it from the Files app. To get started we need to connect Google Drive with the Files app. Followingly, let’s see how to copy or move iCloud Drive files to Google Drive.
- Install the Google Drive app on your iPhone.
- Sign in using your Google account.
- Open the Files app on the iPhone.
- Tap the menu button on the top-right corner.
- Tap Edit option.
- Toggle on Google Drive from the window and tap Done.
- Go to Google Drive from the Files app.
- Tap “Open Google Drive” to authenticate Google account.
- Now, go to iCloud Drive from the Files app.
- Long tap the file and tap Copy from the menu.
- Now, go to the Google Drive folder on the Files app.
- Long press any blank space on the screen.
- Tap Paste.