YouTube TV is a paid live TV streaming service launched by Google in 2017, that allows the users to watch live TV from major broadcast/cable networks, without using cables. YouTube TV is available in almost all states of the US. There is no direct solution to watch YouTube TV for FireStick owners. However, there is some workaround to install YouTube TV on Amazon FireStick.
Let’s see how to sideload YouTube TV on Amazon FireStik and enjoy the series and shows on YouTube TV.
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost?
Like YouTube Premium, YouTube TV is also a paid subscription service which can be canceled any time, if you are satisfied with the service. Currently, it costs $40 per month. It allows a maximum of 6 accounts per household. And, every member can have their own login and personal DVR library. A maximum of 3 members can stream the channels at the same time.
YouTube TV does offer a free trial which can be canceled anytime without any fee. However, there is no information on the length of the trial on its official website.
What Channels Will be Available on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV offers 60+ Live TV channels on various genres like news, live sports, lifestyle and more. The list of popular TV channels offered by YouTube TV includes FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, ESPN, FOX News, TNT, BBC America, National Geographic, etc.
In addition to the channels listed above, YouTube TV subscribers will also get access to YouTube premium original movies and shows. Plus, they can also subscribe for premium add-on networks like Showtime for a flat monthly fee.
Even though Google claims that YouTube TV is available in all the states of the US, it is highly recommended to check if your desired channels are available in your location. To find that out, just enter your zip code on the homepage of YouTube TV to see the list of channels available in your location.
YouTube TV Supported Devices
YouTube TV can be installed on most of the smart streaming devices including Android TV, Apple TV, Smart TVs like Samsung, Roku, Chromecast, Xbox One, PCs and Smartphones. Did you miss something on the above list? Yes. Due to the tug-of-war between Google and Amazon, officially YouTube TV is not available for Amazon devices like Fire TV or Firestick.
However, it is possible to install the YouTube TV app on Fire TV or Firestick using Apps2Fire or sideload the .apk file using Downloader.
How To Install YouTube TV on Firestick?
The only way to get YouTube TV on Firestick is by downloading the APK file. For that, you need to install the Downloader app by AFTVnews on your Fire TV. The Downloader app is a cool option to install .apk files directly on your Firestick and you can get from the link Amazon Store.
Before starting the steps below, make sure that you have set the option Settings->My Fire TV->Developer Options->Apps from Unknown Sources to ON.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV using the Firestick remote.
- Now, type the URL of the website from where you will be downloading the .apk file
of YouTube TV.
- Do remember that Google has not officially released the .apk file of YouTube TV. However, it should not be difficult to get the file from trusted sites like APKMirror.
- Then, click the DOWNLOAD APK button.
- Next, click the INSTALL button.
- Finally, click the DONE button.
(In case YouTube TV doesn’t work properly, then your device requires Google Play Services. Just navigate to the site APKMirror to download and install Google Play Services).
After the app has been installed, don’t forget to turn the setting Apps from Unknown Sources to OFF.
That’s it. Now, YouTube is available on your Fire TV to watch your favorite TV channels, movies, live sports, news and more.
What’s Significant on YouTube TV?
Here’s the list of some of the innovative or cool features of YouTube TV:
- Unlimited DVR Storage: The subscribers can record as many shows as they like, and keep the recording for up to 9 months.
- Cable-Free: As there is no need to connect any lengthy cables or wires to watch channels on your TV, you can watch your favorite live TV channels wherever you go.
- Flexibility: YouTube TV is ideal for someone who relocates frequently, say at least once in a year or so. Now, they don’t need to look for cable TV providers every time, they relocate to a different community or a state.
Now you you have YouTube TV on your FireStick. We hope Google and Amazon will tie-up each other to bring their stearming support to all devcies soon. Until then, you can use this solution to watch YouTube TV on Amazon FireStick.