Split screen is a handy feature on Android. You can open YouTube and enjoy the music while browsing on Chrome in Android Split Screen. You can open a website and copy paste the location to navigation app, by keeping both apps on the split screen. There are more examples to list as the benefit of split screen on Android.
Without further ado, let us see how to enable split screen on Andriod Pie and switch the apps on the split screen.
How to Enable Split Screen on Android Pie?
Before we start, we are assuming that you enabled Gesture. if not, go to Android Settings > System > Gestures > Swipe up on Home button > Turn on.
- Open the Apps you want to see in split screen, here we have YouTube and Chrome browser already opened.
- Now Swipe up from bottom (pill) button.
- Tap on the desired app icon you want for split screen (here you see Chrome icon).
- Tap on Chrome icon to get the menu.
- Select Split Screen.
- Tap on the bottom window app.
That’s it, now you will launch the two apps on the split screen. In split screen, the icon that you tap for switching to split screen will be the main window and the bottom window will be secondary.
You can scroll up or down within Chrome or YouTube app and both will consider as two separate windows with independent scroll button. You can rotate the screen to landscape mode and both screens will shift to landscape mode.
How to Switch the Windows on Split Screen?
You select the main window by tapping on the icon. If you want to set a different main window, you have to scroll to other apps before you tap on “Split Screen” to set the main window. To switch the secondary app on the split screen;
- Swipe up from the bottom (pill) button.
- Now scroll left/right to select the secondary app/window.
- Tap on the select window once you get the desired screen.
- This will launch the split screen with a new secondary screen.
You can scroll between any open windows and select them to display on the secondary window.
How to Disable Split Screen on Android Pie?
Now let us see how to disable the split screen on Android P. This is easy and you have to do the steps below.
- Tap on Home (pill) button.
- This will remove the secondary window from the split screen.
- Pull down the split window bar from top to bottom.
Android Pie starts to roll out on Pixel 2 and other phones. With the Android Gestures, the split screen is pretty easy to enable on Android Pie and you can try your favorite apps with a split screen.