Do you need to watch your favorite sports event live? Or you would like to watch a blockbuster TV series like Game of Thrones? Or you want to watch some Oscar-winning movies? You can watch any of the above on your TV screen by using the Amazon Firestick. The only thing you need to do is to install the most essential Firestick TV channels on various genres like sports, music, movies, live tv, health, and more.
In this article, let’s take a look at some of the best Fire TV channels for various categories.
Best Fire Stick Channels to Watch Movies
When it comes to entertainment, watching movies is the #1 option not only among adults but also for kids/teens. No doubt, YouTube is the most popular streaming service as it allows you to watch unlimited videos without spending a cent. Unfortunately, YouTube
channel is not officially available on the Amazon Store, as Google had withdrawn the support, long ago.
- YouTube: You can watch the YouTube videos either from the Firefox or Silk browser on your Fire TV. Alternatively, you can sideload the YouTube channel into your Firestick by using the Downloader app. You can check out this post on how to sideload apps on Fire TV. Recently Amazon added the YouTube channel to the Fire Stick Channels list. You can add the YouTube channel for FireStick from Amazon Store.
- NetFlix: If you are someone who has already subscribed for paid streaming services like NetFlix, then you can just download and install the NetFlix channel on your Fire TV and enjoy watching movies on the big screen.
- Popcornflix: Don’t you have a NetFlix or other paid streaming services? Not a problem. You can just download and install a bunch of Firestick channel that allows you to watch movies/TV shows at free cost. For example, Popcornflix provides free access to more than 1000+ movies on various genres like horror, comedy, action and more.
- Dailymotion – The home for videos that matter
- Viewster – Watch Free Movies, TV Shows & Anime
- SnagFilms – Watch Free Movies & TV Shows
- YouTube TV
Are you searching for more Firestick Free Channels? There are more popular Fire Stick TV channels to watch movies/TV shows. Please check out our article for Best Fire Stick Channels to Watch Movies and TV Shows.
Best FireStick Channels for Music
Well, the majority of us would prefer listening to music on smartphones or mp3 players like Apple iPod. Still, you can check out the below Firestick music channels to listen to / watch music albums of your favorite artists, podcasts, radio, and more.
- Pandora Music for TV: This app for Firestick gives you the best music listening experience on the big screen. You can access all your favorite songs, artists, and genres on your TV using Pandora Music for TV. It even allows you to read artist bios and rate songs for personalized suggestions. You can also create new stations directly from your device. There is also an impressive search feature on the music streaming app for Firestick. It makes finding music to match your mood or activity very simple.
- Spotify Music and Podcasts for TV: Spotify is one of the most widely used Fire TV apps for music streaming. You can easily install the app on your Fire Stick to get your music on the TV screen. It allows you to browse your favorite artists, albums, songs, and playlists with ease. You can also enjoy podcasts using Spotify. The app is easy to use and control using your Fire TV remote. You can also use Spotify Connect on your smartphone to control playback.
- iHeartRadio TV
- SiriusXM for TV – Music, Radio & Video
- Relaxing Records
- The Music Channel
- TuneIn Radio
At the time of writing. there are no official channels of YouTube Music for Fire TV. If needed, you can sideload the channels on your Firestick using its .apk file.
Best Fire TV Channels to Watch Sports
Are you someone who thinks that a traditional cable/satellite TV subscription is the only option to watch live sports on your TV? No. Many of the popular sports channels like ESPN offers an exclusive channel that can be installed on your Fire TV.
Instead of paying a hefty monthly fee to your TV service provider, you can just install the sports channels on your Fire TV to cut down your annual cable cost. Of course, the majority of sports channels are not available for free. However, you will get the option to subscribe only to the channels you watch instead of paying money for the ones you don’t even hear of.
- NBA for Fire TV: For example, if you are a great basketball fan, then you can just buy the NBA League pass and install the NBA for Fire TV channel on your Firestick. That’s it. Now, you can watch all the games of the NBA season live from the comfort of your sofa.
- ESPN: ESPN has been providing live coverage for a huge variety of sports like soccer, basketball, football, tennis, cricket, golf for more than four decades.
- MLB At bat
- Live NetTV Website
- Pluto TV
Likewise, the Amazon store has dedicated channels for other games like MLB for Bat, WWE Network, and more. To get the full list of some of the popular Firestick TV channels to watch live sports, check out our other post on best Sports Channels for Firestick to Watch Live Sports.
Best Firestick Apps for Golf
There are many Fire TV apps, which allow you to watch live sports, including golf. You do not need a cable TV subscription for that either. Some of the golf apps even include on-demand shows. Alternatively, you can choose from any of the Fire Stick apps for live TV. That way, you can explore more live TV content alongside watching golf.
- NBC Sports: Catch live events, replays, highlights, and more with NBC Sports. You can watch thousands of live sports events on different channels using the app. This includes Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Telemundo Deportes, and more. You can also live stream PGA TOUR, NFL Sunday Night Football, Stanley Cup Playoffs, and more on NBC Sports. It even allows you to watch hundreds of sports videos on-demand. You can even preview upcoming events too or relive your favorite golf moments with full event replays.
- USGA: Get exclusive access to live streaming of golf on your TV screen. You can watch the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Amateur, U.S. Amateur, and more using the app. You can also check out shot-by-shot coverage of the biggest golf stars with USGA. It does not require any subscription either. USGA also allows you to watch highlights and full replays of some of the most memorable golf moments. It also gives you access to many featured films and in-depth video analysis.
- Golf Channel Mobile
- CBS Sports Stream & Watch Live
Best Fire TV Stick Channels to Watch News
These days, the majority of the people (especially the younger adults) prefer to get the latest news updates either from social media apps like Twitter, Facebook, or the dedicated news apps on their smartphones. Still, if you are someone who would like to watch the live news coverage on your TV, then you can just add the Fire Stick channels of your favorite news website or channel on your Firestick.
A lot of popular news channels provide dedicated channels for Fire TV users. Either you can use your Firestick remote to browse and install your desired news channels. Or you can just pick one or more from the list given below:
- Fox News: This app allows you to access live and on-demand content from the Fox News Channel. You can stream live coverage of major news events using the app at any time. Else, watch your favorite Fox News shows using your TV provider login credentials. Fox News app also gives you access to exclusive content that is only available online. This is one of the best apps for Firestick to stay updated with the biggest stories around the world.
- CBS News – Fire TV: The CBSN app allows you to stream live news from their network. You can also use the app to catch the latest business headlines and market info from CBS MoneyWatch. It also gives you access to on-demand videos from top CBS News programs. CBSN app also has custom playlists curated by news editors. This makes your experience more interactive. You can catch all the breaking news in World, Politics, Health, Entertainment, and more.
- BBC News for Fire TV
- ABC News
- USA Today
- Sky News
- NBC News
- The Weather Network
- Fox Business
This is most of the Fire Stick channels for watching sports. Most of them are free to add to your channel list and let you live sports on the big screen.
Best Firestick Apps for Live TV
There are a lot of Fire Stick apps meant for entertainment. You can watch movies and TV shows using apps like Netflix, Prime Video, Crunchyroll, and more. Yet if you wanted to access live TV, you will need a different app. Here are a few of the best Amazon Fire Stick apps for live TV. These allow you to easily connect your cable provider and watch live TV.
- Sling TV: This is certainly one of the best apps for Firestick. Sling TV gives you access to more than 100 live streaming channels. You also get 10,000+ hours of on-demand content with the app. It allows you to watch live TV from many popular free and premium cable networks. This includes ABC News Live, CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, Lifetime, and more. Sling TV is a subscription-based service. It is available only in the USA. You will need to use a VPN to access it from other countries.
- AT&T TV: This is one of the best Firestick apps for accessing live and on-demand TV content. You can catch live sports, breaking news, shows, events, and more using the app. Else, you can binge-watch thousands of on-demand shows and movies included. AT&T TV app has a user-friendly interface. It makes it very simple to search for your favorite content. Their channel lineup includes A&E, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Lifetime, TBS, and more. The subscription-based service gives you access to HBO for a year as well.
Best Firestick Apps for Internet Browsing
Fire TV Stick allows you to do a lot more than just stream movies and music. You can also browse the internet on your TV using the device. You just need to install a reliable browser app for that. Here are two Amazon Fire Stick apps that will give you a great internet browsing experience. Both of these Fire TV apps are optimized for the best performance.
- Amazon Silk: Silk is Amazon’s in-house browser. It allows you to access limitless web content on your TV screen. You can visit your favorite websites to watch videos, socialize, or shop. Amazon Silk lets you bookmark sites and save passwords as well. This way, you can quickly access your favorite content on the internet. You can even control internet videos and music with Alexa or Fire TV remote. Amazon Silk comes with built-in parental controls too. This allows you to manage the browsing experience on your TV screen.
- : The Firefox browser app allows you to search the entire web on your TV screen. You can access your favorite sites to watch videos, socialize, or discover new content. It also suggests you curated content from Pocket. Firefox for Fire TV allows you to save sites to the Home Screen. The best online videos are categorized on the home page as well. This makes it easy to find and access the content you need. You can also control the videos using your Fire TV remote.
Amazon Fire Stick Apps for Privacy
A VPN allows you to hide your IP address as you browse the internet. This improves your privacy and makes your online activities safer. Besides, you can also access content that is restricted in your country using a VPN. It allows you to change your server location and get all the content you want. Here are two of the best VPN Fire Stick apps.
- ExpressVPN: This is one of the most popular VPN services out there. ExpressVPN is easy to use and can be installed on your Fire TV/Stick in no time. You can easily select which apps can use VPN and control the tunneling. ExpressVPN comes with OpenVPN UDP and TCP encryption protocols. You get a 7-day free trial to test the service. You will need to subscribe to the premium plan after that. This will give you the ability to connect to over 3000 VPN servers in 160 locations.
- NordVPN: This is another one of the best apps for Firestick for privacy. NordVPN service keeps you safe from unintentional disconnects. It requires two steps to disable NordVPN. The app is very convenient to use and allows you to split tunneling in TV mode. This way, you can disable VPN for selected apps. You can use a single account of NordVPN for 6 connections simultaneously. It comes with military-grade encryption protocols too. You can subscribe to the VPN service to connect to over 5400 servers in 59+ countries.
Best Free Weather Channels for Firestick
Besides getting weather updates from regular news channels, if you are looking for the exclusive weather forecast for your location, then you can install one of the weather channels on your Firestick:
- The Weather Channel: This weather app for Fire Stick allows you to get weather alerts for your area. You just need to connect the app with your pay-TV provider login details. This will give you access to current conditions as well as hourly/daily/weekly forecasts. You can also search for different locations and check the weather there using the app. Besides, it also allows you to watch your favorite shows from The Weather Channel on your TV.
- Weather Nation: The WeatherNation app keeps you updated with regional, national, and breaking weather news. You can live stream the network or watch on-demand weather forecast videos using the app. WeatherNation gives you instant access to the current conditions in your area. You can also check the temperature and have extended outlooks as needed. It also has interactive radar and weather maps to make the experience more intuitive. You can also get hourly views for the next 24 hours with details like wind speed, humidity, and more.
- MyRadar TV Weather Radar
- WeatherBug on Fire TV
- The Weather Network
Best Fire TV Channels for Kids
You can find 100+ channels listed on the Amazon Store for kid’s entertainment as well as education. Just enter the keyword “kids” on the search bar by using your Firestick remote. Alternatively, you can navigate to Apps -> Categories -> Kids on your Fire TV in order to browse and install the relevant Fire TV channels based on your kid’s age.
- YouTube Kids: If your kid is 4 years and up, then he/she would be more interested in search and watch their favorite videos. Right? In that scenario, the best option would be to sideload the YouTube Kids channel on your Firestick. Like YouTube, the official YouTube Kids channel is also not available for Amazon Firestick. Hence, you need to get the .apk file for YouTube Kids from a trusted source like APKMirror and then sideload the same on your Fire TV or Firestick. If you have not tried sideloading apps before, then you can check out our guide on how to sideload apps.
- HappyKids.tv is one of the best free Fire TV channels to keep your babies or toddlers engaged for at least a few hours every day. Based on your kid’s age and nature, you can install the appropriate channels, as the Amazon store has more than 10 different versions of HappyKids.tv.
- Lullabies by HappyKids.tv: For small babies, Lullabies by HappyKids.tv would be a good choice
- Kids Stories by HappyKids.tv: Kids Stories by HappyKids.tv is the best option for toddlers or small kids.
- Popcornflix Kids
- Pokemon TV
- NetFlix (set up a kid’s profile)
Also, you can download and install any of the above-listed Fire TV channels for your kids.
Fire TV Channels for Food
Are you someone who loves to cook new recipes for your family? Well, Firestick has a bunch of food channels that help you to learn not only new recipes but also different cuisines like Korean, Japanese, and more. Here is the list of some of the popular food channels on Firestick:
- Food Network GO: You can’t leave behind the Food Network Go channel when you want to watch the shows. You can access this live TV and enjoy the full episodes. You can have Chopped, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, The Pioneer Woman, Beat Bobby Flay, and more shows on this Food Network channel.
- Cooking Channel GO: This app allows you to live stream the contents of the Cooking Channel. You get access to new episodes at the same time when they air on TV. The app also allows you to binge-watch full seasons of your favorite shows on the DIY Network. This includes Food: Fact or Fiction, Cheap Eats, Man Fire Food, Carnival Eats, and many more. Cooking Channel GO even gives you early access to premieres. You just need to authenticate it with your TV subscription details.
- America’s Test Kitchen
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner
- Korean Food by iFood.tv
- Mexican Recipes by Fawesome.tv
- Southern Food by iFood.tv
- Food Network Kitchen
You can have new cooking shows, watch your favorite cookery show live, save your recipes, the possibilities are endless with the food channels on Fire Stick.
Fire Stick Channels for Health/Fitness
Are you a fitness freak? Then you can check out these Fire Stick channels to learn Yoga or other fitness activities on your big screen.
- Yoga TV: This is one of the best Fire TV apps for yoga lovers. You can get access to 20, 30, 45, 60, and 90-minute routines with the Yoga TV app. You can find content as per your fitness needs and training levels too. There are hundreds of videos and playlists in Yoga TV. They are categorized into different routines and programs. This includes Core, De-stress, Energize, Fat Burn, Strength, Weight Loss, and more. You can also find exercise videos based on the time of the day.
- Gaia for Fire TV: This app allows you to stream thousands of videos to meet your fitness goals. The fitness videos are categorized based on style, intensity, and duration. You can even explore exclusive categories in the Gaia for Fire TV app. This includes meditation, spiritual growth, alternate healing, and more. These enlightening video programs are not available on other best apps for Firestick. You need to subscribe to their membership plan to unlock all the features. This will give you access to original content, inspiring films, and documentaries.
- Daily Burn – Streaming Workouts
- Zen TV
- Zumba Workouts
- Daily Workouts – Exercise Fitness Routine Trainer
- Beachbody On Demand (requires subscription)
- Simply Yoga – Fitness Trainer for Workouts & Poses
Best Media Player Apps for Fire Stick
Many of the best Firestick apps allow you to download content and watch them later. If you prefer doing that instead of streaming, then you will need a media player app. There are many video players out there, which will fulfill your demands perfectly. Yet not all give you an immersive experience. For wider support, you can choose one of the Fire TV apps mentioned here.
- VLC for Fire: The VLC media player app is the go-to choice for most Android users. It supports all kinds of popular video formats. This includes MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG4, WebM, and more. VLC media player comes with multi-track audio and subtitles support as well. VLC for Fire is also a powerful audio player. It comes with an equalizer and many filters to play all audio formats. You can use the app for playing local video and audio files as well as for network streams.
- MX Player TV: This Firestick app offers you a smoother experience to browse content on your TV screen. MX Player TV is one of the most preferred Amazon Fire Stick apps for playing videos. You also get lots of free movies, shows, web series, and original content with MX Player TV. The app is optimized for the best quality streaming and fast buffering. It offers simple navigation and intuitive search functions. You can also continue playback from the point where you left. MX Player TV supports all video and audio formats, hardware acceleration, and subtitles.
We have listed only the Fire TV channels which are either free or more popular among the Firestick users. If you are looking for more channels in a specific category like sports or a completely new category, then just navigate to Apps > Categories using your Firestick remote.
You can browse the hundreds of channels listed under various categories like health, finance, music, books, education, lifestyle, and more. Even though some of those channels are paid, you can find a lot of free channels as well. Just, go ahead, install the channels you like, and enjoy watching them on your TV.