Do you need to watch your favorite sports event live? Or you would like to watch a blockbuster TV series like Game of Thrones? Or you want to watch some Oscar-winning movies? You can watch any of the above on your TV screen by using the Amazon Firestick. The only thing you need to do is to install the most essential Firestick TV channels on various genres like sports, music, movies, live tv, health and more.
In this article, let’s take a look at some of the best Fire TV channels for various categories.
Best Fire Stick Channels to Watch Movies
When it comes to entertainment, watching movies is the #1 option not only among adults but also for kids/teens. No doubt, YouTube is the most popular streaming service as it allows you to watch unlimited videos without spending a cent. Unfortunately, YouTube
channel is not officially available on the Amazon Store, as Google had withdrawn the support, long ago.
- YouTube: You can watch the YouTube videos either from the Firefox or Silk browser on your Fire TV. Alternatively, you can sideload the YouTube channel into your Firestick by using the Downloader app. You can check out this post on how to sideload apps on Fire TV. Recently Amazon added the YouTube channel to the Fire Stick Channels list. You can add the YouTube channel for FireStick from Amazon Store.
- NetFlix: If you are someone who has already subscribed for paid streaming services like NetFlix, then you can just download and install the NetFlix channel on your Fire TV and enjoy watching movies on the big screen.
- Popcornflix: Don’t you have a NetFlix or other paid streaming services? Not a problem. You can just download and install a bunch of Firestick channel that allows you to watch movies/TV shows at free cost. For example, Popcornflix provides free access to more than 1000+ movies on various genres like horror, comedy, action and more.
- Dailymotion – The home for videos that matter
- Viewster – Watch Free Movies, TV Shows & Anime
- SnagFilms – Watch Free Movies & TV Shows
- YouTube TV
Are you searching for more Firestick Free Channels? There are more popular Fire Stick TV channels to watch movies/TV shows. Please check out our article for Best Fire Stick Channels to Watch Movies and TV Shows.
Best FireStick Channels for Music
Well, the majority of us would prefer listening to music on smartphones or mp3 players like Apple iPod. Still, you can check out the below Firestick music channels to listen to / watch music albums of your favorite artists, podcasts, radio and more.
- Pandora Music for TV
- iHeartRadio TV
- Spotify Music and Podcasts for TV
- SiriusXM for TV – Music, Radio & Video
- Relaxing Records
- The Music Channel
- TuneIn Radio
At the time of writing. there are no official channels of YouTube Music for Fire TV. If needed, you can sideload the channels on your Firestick using its .apk file.
Best Fire TV Channels to Watch Sports
Are you someone who thinks that a traditional cable/satellite TV subscription is the only option to watch live sports on your TV? No. Many of the popular sports channels like ESPN offers an exclusive channel that can be installed on your Fire TV.
Instead of paying a hefty monthly fee to your TV service provider, you can just install the sports channels on your Fire TV to cut down your annual cable cost. Of course, the majority of sports channels are not available for free. However, you will get the option to subscribe only to the channels you watch instead of paying money for the ones you don’t even hear of.
- NBA for Fire TV: For example, if you are a great basketball fan, then you can just buy the NBA League pass and install the NBA for Fire TV channel on your Firestick. That’s it. Now, you can watch all the games of the NBA season live from the comfort of your sofa.
- ESPN: ESPN has been providing live coverage for a huge variety of sports like soccer, basketball, football, tennis, cricket, golf for more than four decades.
- MLB At bat
- Live NetTV Website
- Pluto TV
Likewise, the Amazon store has dedicated channels for other games like MLB for Bat, WWE Network and more. To get the full list of some of the popular Firestick TV channels to watch live sports, check out our other post on best Sports Channels for Firestick to Watch Live Sports.
Best Fire TV Stick Channels to Watch News
These days, the majority of the people (especially the younger adults) prefer to get the latest news updates either from social media apps like Twitter, Facebook or the dedicated news apps on their smartphones. Still, if you are someone who would like to watch the live news coverage on your TV, then you can just add the firestick channels of your favorite news website or channel on your Firestick.
A lot of popular news channels provide dedicated channels for Fire TV users. Either you can use your Firestick remote to browse and install your desired news channels. Or you can just pick one or more from the list given below:
- Fox News
- BBC News for Fire TV
- ABC News
- CBS News – Fire TV
- USA Today
- Sky News
- NBC News
- The Weather Network
- Fox Business
This is most of the Fire Stick channels for watching sports. Most of them are free to add to your channel list and let you live sports on the big screen.
Best Free Weather Channels for Firestick
Besides getting weather updates from regular news channels, if you are looking for the exclusive weather forecast for your location, then you can install one of the weather channels on your Firestick:
- The Weather Channel
- Weather Nation
- MyRadar TV Weather Radar
- WeatherBug on Fire TV
- The Weather Network
Best Fire TV Channels for Kids
You can find 100+ channels listed on the Amazon Store for kid’s entertainment as well as education. Just enter the keyword “kids” on the search bar by using your Firestick remote. Alternatively, you can navigate to Apps -> Categories -> Kids on your Fire TV in order to browse and install the relevant Fire TV channels based on your kid’s age.
- YouTube Kids: If your kid is 4 years and up, then he/she would be more interested in search and watch their favorite videos. Right? In that scenario, the best option would be to sideload the YouTube Kids channel on your Firestick. Like YouTube, the official YouTube Kids channel is also not available for Amazon Firestick. Hence, you need to get the .apk file for YouTube Kids from a trusted source like APKMirror and then sideload the same on your Fire TV or Firestick. If you have not tried sideloading apps before, then you can check out our guide on how to sideload apps.
- HappyKids.tv is one of the best free Fire TV channels to keep your babies or toddlers engaged for at least a few hours every day. Based on your kid’s age and nature, you can install the appropriate channels, as the Amazon store has more than 10 different versions of HappyKids.tv.
- Lullabies by HappyKids.tv: For small babies, Lullabies by HappyKids.tv would be a good choice
- Kids Stories by HappyKids.tv: Kids Stories by HappyKids.tv is the best option for toddlers or small kids.
- Popcornflix Kids
- Pokemon TV
- NetFlix (set up a kid’s profile)
Also, you can download and install any of the above-listed Fire TV channels for your kids.
Fire TV Channels for Food
Are you someone who loves to cook new recipes for your family? Well, Firestick has a bunch of food channels that help you to learn not only new recipes but also different cuisines like Korean, Japanese and more. Here is the list of some of the popular food channels on Firestick:
- Food Network GO: You can’t leave behind the Food Network Go channel when you want to watch the shows. You can access this live TV and enjoy the full episodes. You can have Chopped, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, The Pioneer Woman, Beat Bobby Flay and more shows on this Food Network channel.
- America’s Test Kitchen
- Cooking Channel GO
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner
- Korean Food by iFood.tv
- Mexican Recipes by Fawesome.tv
- Southern Food by iFood.tv
- Food Network Kitchen
You can have new cooking shows, watch your favorite cookery show live, save your recipes, the possibilities are endless with the food channels on Fire Stick.
Fire Stick Channels for Health/Fitness
Are you a fitness freak? Then you can check out these Firestick channels to learn Yoga or other fitness activities on your big screen.
- Yoga TV
- Gaia for Fire TV: Conscious Yoga, Meditation, and Spirituality
- Daily Burn – Streaming Workouts
- Zen TV
- Zumba Workouts
- Daily Workouts – Exercise Fitness Routine Trainer
- Beachbody On Demand (requires subscription)
- Simply Yoga – Fitness Trainer for Workouts & Poses
We have listed only the Fire TV channels which are either free or more popular among the Firestick users. If you are looking for more channels in a specific category like sports or a completely new category, then just navigate to Apps ->Categories using your Firestick remote.
You can browse the hundreds of channels listed under various categories like health, finance, music, books, education, lifestyle and more. Even though some of those channels are paid, you can find a lot of free channels as well. Just, go ahead, install the channels you like and enjoy watching them on your TV.