We are not able to use Black Berry phone after contract if it is already locked by your carrier. This will be extremely annoying especially if you are traveling to a foreign country for a long period . Here is the step by step instruction for unlocking Blackberry Torch.
1. Go to Options -> Device
2. Select advanced system settings => and then Sim card
2. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard
(Note: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)
5. You should be presented with a prompt “Enter Network MEP Code”. Type in the unlock code and press track pad to confirm
6. Your BlackBerry Torch 9810 is now unlocked.