For a previously owned blackberry, there are certain steps to follow before you sell it.First of all, you have to make sure your personal information is kept secure and cleaned up all call details and transactions, of webpages cleaned up.
To prepare your phone, please follow the steps here that outline the necessary steps to take before selling or after purchasing a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone:
Selling a Pre-Owned BlackBerry smartphone
- If the BlackBerry smartphone was previously associated with a BlackBerry® Internet Service account then contact your wireless service provider to remove the association between your BlackBerry Internet Service account and the BlackBerry smartphone.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone was previously associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server then perform the following:
- Contact the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator to send the default IT policy to the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB05106.
- Contact the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator to remove the BlackBerry smartphone from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Backup the information on your BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB12487.
- Select the Wipe Handheld option. For instructions, see KB02318.
- The BlackBerry smartphone is now ready to be sold.
Purchasing a Previously Owned BlackBerry
- Immediately after receiving the BlackBerry smartphone select the Wipe Handheld option. For instructions, see KB02318.
- Download the latest BlackBerry® Device Software from your wireless service provider and upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software using the Application Loader tool. For instructions, see KB03621.
- Your BlackBerry smartphone is now ready to be associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or a BlackBerry Internet Service account.