Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. We receive a small commission at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase using some of our links.
A CD or DVD disc may be stuck in your MAC DVD Tray for several reasons. It may not be appearing on your desktop or could be causing the computer to lock up if it can’t recognize the DVD or CD properly. If you face any one of these, then you won’t be able to take out the DVD with your normal eject methods.
MAC is not coming with separate CD Drive switch to eject your CD /DVD. There has only one Key on the keyboard to eject CD or you have to do that in OS itself. Here are few other tips you can try if CD is not ejecting properly. Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:
1. Restart the MAC and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button (left corner on your touch pad) until the disc ejects.
2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.
3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.
4. Press COMMAND-E.
5. If none of the above work, try this:
Open the Terminal application in your Utility folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:
If this fails then try this, boot the computer into single-user mode by hold down ⌘ -S through the boot process. At the prompt enter
To restart the computer enter reboot at the prompt or shut down
6. restart hold down trackpad button.
Hope this simple trick will save your time and your CD from your MAC computer.